Monday, July 18, 2011

What to Pack or What Not to Pack...That Is the Question

With only five weeks left until the move, I thought I should get started on some packing. I have done this every year for the past four years before the move back into the college dorm, or at least I attempt to begin early. It hasn't always ended the way I planned for it to, and we'll see if this year is any different. But since I'd like to spend my last week home hanging out with family that I won't get to see very much in the next year, I should probably get going on this packing...thing.

The nice thing about this move is that I don't have to pack up my entire life. No furnishing a kitchen or a living room. No bringing my entire bedroom with me. My plan, and I stress that idea, my plan is to pack only a select few things: my two suitcases full of clothes, my duffle bag full of toiletries, one large Rubbermaid bin full of little trinkets and photographs and extra things to make my room feel a little more like home, and then my bicycle and inline skates for recreation purposes. This should actually fit in my little PT Cruiser rather nicely. It can fit a lot more in it than people give it credit for. Yay for hatchbacks!

I'm really looking forward to this adventure, although the two little girls I watch would rather I not leave. Every day Maddy asks if I can just find a job here or continue to babysit them, and every time the local news stations announce a new job opening, she tells me to apply for it. Too cute, and heartbreaking also. Maybe they will just have to visit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment