Monday, November 21, 2011

Changes

The beginning of this week marks my last few days in my current classroom at St. Benedict Center. The season is ending so the East Coast Migrant children will be leaving and the entire center will be shifting.

I was privileged to have three East Coast children in my room, all of whom I fell in love with. I will be sad to see them go. When I began, 2 1/2 months seemed so far away, but now it's here. Two of our current children will be moving up with me to the older toddlers. 29-37 months is the age range we have, I believe.

There will be a lot of changes. A new set of adults in the room, although one of them I have been working with, 7 children in a new classroom together, a new age group, and a lot of new things to learn. I'll be in the basement level of the building now, so I won't get all the traffic of people walking by to use the elevator :( To be honest, I'll miss that. Since I'm in one room all day, I feel like I never see anyone. But change can be good. I'm sure I'll be just fine. I'll have no end of events to keep me busy! Bring on Winter.

On a different note, Thanksgiving is just a few days away! I'll be at the Mount for part of the day, but later in the afternoon I'll be off to the 'Fane to spend a couple of days with my family. I get 2 turkey dinners...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment