Friday, November 4, 2011

I am 11 weeks into my adventure here at the Mount and in Erie, and I can hardly believe it. It's been a packed 11 weeks, though. We've experienced Jubilee, a funeral, Community Weekend complete with tons of oblates, survived several game nights with heated competition, and though I can't seem to curb my late nights just yet so 5:30am doesn't seem that daunting, I have not yet dropped from exhaustion. Don't ask how, because I don't know the answer.

One thing I am really enjoying, and I probably say it a lot, is my ministry placement. I don't think I could be happier with the decision that was made. I am having so much fun. The kids are great. I really think it's helping with my level of patience, and I'm learning a lot of skills that will be put to good use in future careers and when I become a mother. It's priceless experience, I really don't know how else to explain it. And to have 8 smiling faces waiting to hug and kiss me each morning is such a great thing to look forward to.

And for the first time ever, I actually look forward to going to work. It can be frustrating at times, but because toddler mood swings go up and down and up and down, there isn't a day that is completely ruined. There are frustrating moments, but not all around bad days. I can handle that.

This morning, Carrie and I are heading out with two Sisters for Ohio Wesleyan University to work and attend a conference entitled: "Radical Gospel Living-Monasticism Today". Sister Joan Chittister is one of the keynote speakers. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment