Monday, October 31, 2011

Community Weekend

This past weekend was a busy one. It was community weekend, complete with a speaker, lots of oblates to meet and make friends with, and lots of fun.

 The theme was "Move It", and we did just that. We all received a lot of tips on how to keep our bodies moving so that "old age" doesn't get the best of us. No, this talk wasn't over my head. I get cramped up and sore already from sitting or kneeling too long, and have hips and knees that painfully click and pop when I walk, probably from being so active for so long and then suddenly discontinuing all of it to sit in a library for hours on end with my face in a textbook. I learned a lot from our speaker on how very gradual changes can help a lot.

Food was a big topic, too. Ya'll need to stop having birthdays and feast days, and sticking candy bars and other snacks in my mailbox!! I'm already struggling with the college 20, it's like another Freshman 15 coming on! Or should I say, the Riepper 15. I know, I know, it's all that wonderful and MUCH appreciated Benedictine Hospitality :) I can practice a little self control, too. But I feel kind of rude turning down chocolate frosted brownies, pie, and ice cream. I mean, after all, it IS their special day...

Today is Halloween! We're having a costume party at the day care, and going trick-or-treating with our kids around the building. Carrie and I carved our pumpkin this weekend. Look for it in the Business Office at the Mount!

No comments:

Post a Comment