Friday, October 21, 2011

Real Silence

Have you ever been silent for an entire day? Like, actually silent, by yourself, with nobody else around you? Yeah I hadn't either, until Wednesday. Well, it wasn't an entire 24 hours, more like 9, but you get the idea. I actually don't think I could have lasted much longer, which I'm kind of ashamed to admit.

It was very nice, though. It was the first reflection day in about a month that I could actually use in its entirety for the intended purpose. I could read, nap, go for a walk, listen to some music, work on my cross stitch (cool kid), and just be. And another great thing about it was that I was in a hermitage out in the woods. I was literally right on the grounds, but felt like I was miles away. It was nice to have new surroundings and be in a different setting.

I still feel like I'm not using these days to their full potential, though. I know it takes more than two months to get used to something like this, but I was just getting into it when my days of solitude had to be put on the back burner for the next few weeks to try to take care of some student loan issues. So I feel like I've back tracked. It will take me a while to get back into the rhythm again, but I am more than looking forward to it.

Work is great as always. My kids are amazing, and full of colds this week. Gotta love this changing weather! I just hope the sickness stays away from me! Wishful thinking, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment