Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Fun

You'd think when I work with young kids all week I'd like my weekends to be kid-free, right? Wrong. I actually can't get enough of them most times, and then I get these motherly urges that just breathe down my neck. My biological clock is just ticking away...yes I realize I'm only 22.

Sunday, Carrie and I spent the majority of the day with two kids, ages 3 and 5, at Port Farms. They are the niece and nephew of one of the Sisters here. I had a blast riding down slides, jumping hay bales, feeding goats, and playing in a pit full of corn. It brings out the kid in you, and it makes you see how great the simple things in life really are. Life should not be taken so seriously, what's 100 times down the same slide really going to hurt? We closed out the day with an impromptu 3rd birthday party for Bryn which consisted of a tour of her family's farm, a hay ride, and cake and ice cream. It was such a gorgeous day, it would have been a shame to have wasted it.

Some really awesome news: I was accepted to Edinboro University's Masters in Social Work Program this weekend as well! Some much needed good news :)

Bryn and I racing

Rest in peace, Sister Margaret Mary. I was blessed to have known you. You will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment