Monday, October 10, 2011

Partying it Up, Benedictine Style

Don't believe me? You should have been a fly on the wall this past weekend. It was Jubilee, and several Sisters were celebrating 25, 50, and 60 years in the Community.
 
The ceremony on Saturday was absolutely wonderful, and very meaningful. I feel honored to have witnessed and taken part in the celebrations. And also being part of the set-up and clean-up, I can certainly appreciate all that goes into making it the best it can be for the Jubilarians. Whether it is a beautiful ceremony in the Chapel, or turning Kid's Cafe into what could arguably be the best party I've been to, the Benedictines know how to celebrate, that's for sure. They even got me out on the floor, with the help of a former Riepper, to improvise a dance to an Irish band, even when I was half-awake and ready to drop. (Sorry folks, no photographic or video evidence that I'm aware of. It's a shame, really) I'm thinking of hiring these women to plan my future wedding, that's how good they are! It was all so enjoyable and so much fun, I can't really explain it.

It was certainly the best weekend for celebrations and just being outside. If it weren't for all the changing leaves you'd never know it was the middle of October! Yesterday Carrie and I took one of those famous "Sunday drives" you always hear people talk about. It wasn't intentional, but we kind of got turned around trying to find something that ended up being somewhere we frequently travel to. Nothing like driving over an hour to a place that is 25 minutes away...

The place we were trying to find is Mason Farms. Cute little market. It's all decked out for Halloween and Fall in general, complete with a mini corn maze, pumpkins, a little petting zoo, apple cider, and of course, tons of apples that we just had to get. If anyone knows of an actual corn maze and/or gigantic pumpkin patch in a more rural area around here, let me know. I haven't been to one in eons. And if you do tip me off, you may even be invited to tag along...

Sunday night ended with me FINALLY catching the actual sun setting, and the most gorgeous colors in the sky. You'll never see anything more beautiful.



My new friend

No comments:

Post a Comment