Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving has come and gone and I find myself making a list of things I am grateful for. I don't think I've done this since elementary school when it was a graded assignment...

I am grateful for:

-The wonderful education, opportunities, insight, and life-lessons I received while attending Canisius
-The great relationships I have formed as a result of college
-A supportive and loving family
-Good health
-The wonderful opportunity I have this year
-The opportunity to openly grow in faith and shape my future
-Jumping from no sisters to approximately 1,000 (give or take about 900...)
-My wonderful mentor and program director/fearless leader, both for helping me step out of my comfort zone, for the laughs and for the serious moments
-An open mind

I spent Thanksgiving morning here at the Mount and left for home early in the afternoon. It was nice to see my family, even for just a couple of days.



Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent. I am really looking forward to the next month. Oh wait, I almost forgot...present moment, beautiful moment :) I'm also trying to kick a week-long cold, complete with this rather annoying cough. My stomach feels as though I just did about a kajillion, yes, kajillion, sit-ups. Maybe all that coughing is the equivalent of a workout. So should I really be complaining? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment