Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting Into the New Groove

It's been one week in my new classroom at St. Benedict Center, and things are looking pretty good. Our new teaching team seems to be meshing well, and our children are adjusting to the new routine and people just fine. We have 7 very headstrong little girls, and they all have their own individual, very big personalities. This makes for very funny meal time conversations.

We are, however, going to be welcoming another girl and one boy into our classroom very soon. Next week, I believe. That will bring our total to 9. I'm looking forward to the new additions. I'm anxious to see how they will fit in.

We're almost 4 months into the year, and through week 1 of Advent. It's crazy how fast time is going by. I'm still trying to find my balance between taking everything in, giving each part of this experience the attention it deserves, but also being on top of what needs to be done for work, classes, and homework. Yes folks, homework. And soon, preparation for grad school will need to be worked into there somehow. There's too much going on in my head some days. Sometimes I wish I could turn off my brain for a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment