Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One Special Christmas

Well, Christmas Day has come and gone, and I am not too sure how to put into words the past few days. I can definitely say I have developed an entirely new appreciation for Christmas this year. It's been an ongoing process, actually, beginning a couple of years ago, but I think it has really come full circle now.

Being at the monastery to experience everything leading up to Christmas morning was really special. I think I needed that. And while I was not able to see my family until Sunday night, something I am definitely not used to, I really felt like I was in the presence of family. There is something very unique and special about being one person in a group of 100 women, and feeling connected to each and every one. And there's nothing like Christmas to make that feeling stronger. The Sisters are my family, and although none are blood related and I have known the community for only a few years, they are no less special to me than the family I have been a part of for almost 23 years.

I did manage to make it home Christmas night, and I will be here through Friday. I guess I should take it all in because I'm not sure when I'll make it back here again.

I will post a longer entry later in the week with some photos, hopefully when I'm feeling a little better. Nothing like arriving home and promptly getting sick within the first few hours...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment