Monday, January 9, 2012

A Weekend Full of Events

Well, it's Monday again already. Where did the weekend go? I find myself asking that question often. This weekend was a busy one.

Saturday morning began like many others: prayer at 8:30am, followed by breakfast, giving a little lesson on the computer, starting our chores, an ER visit, homewo...wait. Yes, an ER visit. Not for me, thankfully, but for Carrie who cut her finger and needed a couple of stitches. It was a quick trip. We were in and out of there in less than two hours. But it was an adventure nonetheless. Add in me almost passing out as she was getting stitched up and we were quite the pair. But it makes for a good story.

Saturday was a little game night, which is pretty normal on the weekends. There's almost always a Sister or two ready to play and we had two new games to try out. However, during one of the games *someone* was pretty much sitting on my lap the entire time, which prevented me from being able to put cards down. Some may call that cheating, I'll give her some credit and say it was just the excitement of the game since I know what I'm getting myself into when I play with her. I'm not complaining, but a rematch might be in order :)

Sunday morning was the Feast of the Epiphany. We blessed the house during morning prayer and Canisius College students arrived just before Liturgy. It will be a great week with them here. I know a few from school, and the rest of the team seems wonderful. And last night we took down all of the Christmas decorations, so it's been a pretty full weekend and will be a full week as well.

In other news, it's the second week of January, and there's still no snow :(

No comments:

Post a Comment