Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals for the New Year

Happy New Year!! 2012 is here and I hardly know where 2011 went. I find myself doing what many people probably are at this time: making a New Year's resolution list, or a list of personal goals and changes they would like to see fulfilled this year, or at least worked on. Dare I try? I think this year is as good as any to make one, if not the most important time in my life. I could make the usual resolutions I think of; exercise more, eat healthier, stop procrastinating, blah, blah, blah. Those are all good ones, and I intend on working on each of them, but I think this year I will look a little deeper.

~ I really need to work on slowing down and enjoying the days and moments as they come. But way back in September I think I posted something about being a product of today's rush-around society. Like I said, it's already 2012 and we're heading into the 5th month of this program...! Present moment, beautiful moment. Present moment, beautiful moment (best mantra I've ever heard).

~ I'd really like a real reflection day back. No more spending hours on the phone with the banks about my student loans. Unfortunately this isn't something I can necessarily control. If it was, it all would have been settled months ago. But it's eating up some of my time on those days, and I can't always get my mind to settle down and clear completely. I try, I honestly do, and the days really are not a waste. They just aren't as focused as they could be. January's goal: get my last loan deferred *finally*.

~ Branch out. In everything.

~ Listen more than I speak.

~ Work on my self confidence.

~ Live beautifully, dream passionately, and above all, love completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment