Monday, January 30, 2012

My (Slightly) Lousy Weekend

After a week with no posts, I should probably write about something, huh?

This weekend was the first time since September that I've been really sick, aside from a few stuffy noses here and there. So bad that I never left my room or saw anyone for 2 days, except for a couple of desperate attempts for fresh air and different surroundings, which resulted in me collapsing back into bed as soon as I returned. After coughing up a lung for nearly four days, my body can definitely feel it. Sitting in bed watching the weather outside go from snow to rain to snow/rain and back again isn't exactly my idea of a good time. I'm going into work today, but I may regret it once I get back home...

In other news, a few birthdays were celebrated last week, one being mine and one Carrie's. It's kind of fun celebrating your birthday at the Mount, and also equally overwhelming having 60+ people sing to you during supper. All of my gifts were amazing, and I've had so much cake and other sweet things over the past week I think I'm set for a while, in addition to the 50 bag snack pack I received as a gift. And I promise I'll NEVER hide cake in my bedroom again...! (Now come on, you have to admit that was a good one)

Well, the weather is still going back and forth, not really settling on one thing for too long, which is probably why everyone is getting so sick. This is one weird Winter. And our fearless leader left us for warmer weather this week! Off to the land of sun and sand, while we're stuck here in a bipolar winter rain land :/

No comments:

Post a Comment