Friday, February 3, 2012

The Week Sickness Stole the Show

This week has been quite the eventful one in the health department. I thought this little sickness might have just been a weekend thing, but oh no, it's held on. I did go to work on Monday, which was a mistake because as soon as I got home I went straight to bed. I've never felt so beat in my life. I received strict orders from my boss that I was to stay home the next day, which I didn't want to do but could admit was necessary. Let's just say I have a stubborn streak...

I never really get that sick. Most times I just get a little cold, so I'm a little congested for a few days, sneeze maybe, things like that. I never get chest colds or a cough, so this kind of caught me off guard and really took me out. After putting up with the cough for 5 days, I finally went to get it checked out on Tuesday and found out it was an upper respiratory infection (fun wow!) and I was able to get something to suppress the cough. I'm just now getting back to prayer in the chapel, but I still get out of breath, so for now I'm chanting internally. I went back to see my kids yesterday after 2 days in a row off from work, and still came home absolutely exhausted. Last night was my first night back with my dish team that has been on since Monday. And can I tell you the number of resurrection lines you get after they don't see you for days on end in this house?!?! I really feel like I haven't seen anyone in a week, because I pretty much haven't. And now it went from my chest to my sinuses, so I'm feeling just grand right now (does sarcasm come through very well in writing??)

Bottom line, if it took me 6 months to catch something, I hope it takes another 6 for something else to happen, because this was hands down one of the most frustrating and tiring weeks. As one Sister put it, it's all because of those wonderful toddlers I think the world of! What says "I love you" more than a two-year-old coughing and sneezing in my face, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment