Monday, February 13, 2012

Anniversaries

Nothing reminds you of how fast time goes by more than marking the anniversary of a significant event. Today marks one year since my Benedicta Riepp journey began. It's hard to believe that it has already been that long, and at that time I could not even begin to imagine where I'd be one year later.

I can remember that entire day like it was yesterday. Some upsetting events occurred in those 24 hours, but our visit and meeting here at the Mount brought a lot of light and hope into my life that day. As it was right at the beginning of the second semester of my senior year of college, my head was nothing but a completely jumbled, confused, and overwhelmed mess. I am not above admitting that I was absolutely terrified to graduate. I spent a few years convincing myself of where I thought my life needed to go after graduation, but I quickly started to realize that it just wasn't what I wanted or needed right away. My heart was pointing me in a different direction. After trying to do nothing except push the idea out of my head for two weeks, I contacted our now fearless leader, Sister Stephanie, and began the journey. Seven months later, I arrived at the front door of the monastery with as much of my life as I could fit into my car, and the year-long adventure began. Now already half-way through the year, I find myself wishing I could somehow slow things down.

All I can say is thank God for the Benedictines. Without getting too sappy, since I do have 6 months to go, I pray someday you all will know how wonderful an experience this has been for me thus far, and I know the second half of the year will be just as beautiful. Every member of this community has been a blessing to me. This experience will forever continue to shape my future. I love you all.

For more information about the Benedicta Riepp program, and to view a video about our experiences, go to the webpage. The clip is at the top of the page.


Today also marks one year since I lost my hero, my Great-Grandfather. I love and miss you so much, Grandpa Boyd. I hope I still make you proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment