Monday, February 6, 2012

Can't Quite Kick It

Well, it's day 12 of my sickness marathon. This time I'm working on getting over a pretty bad sinus infection. I'm usually not one to complain too much about getting sick here and there, because for me it's usually only a cold that lasts for a day or two, three at the most, and you're up and on your way again before you know it. But this sickness...thing began January 26th and is still hanging on. So now, more than anything, I'm just frustrated.

It's a pain when you don't feel well enough to do anything or go anywhere (except for a couple visits during the week to urgent care -_-) and even sitting in bed doesn't do the trick. For the past few days I've been in so much pain I couldn't even sleep at night or take a nap during the day. And reading or watching a movie to pass the time was out of the question because it basically hurt just to exist. Yesterday was a little better, but every few hours my head and face pick a new spot to hurt :( In short, this isn't fun, but I guess I don't really have to say that for my point to get across, huh? Hopefully one more day at home will do the trick...

One of the really comforting things that happens when you're down in a house full of so many people is that everyone gradually begins to realize that you're not there, and then every so often a knock is heard at your door or the phone rings. It's endearing, really, and it's nice because at least I'm not alone. And this time it has been Carrie's turn to play nurse. So although I've been feeling pretty miserable the past 2 weeks, I appreciate all of the concern :)

In other news, Carrie and I (and by that I mean mostly Carrie) have been helping dog-sit for one of the Sisters who is out of town until next Monday. The "puppy's" name is Gaia. I've been dog deprived for too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment