Friday, May 11, 2012

Back to Normal

After over a month of feeling just plain...blah, I can confidently say that my mood has turned around. I'm not really sure if it was one specific thing that triggered this mini-meltdown (which at times was not so mini) or if it was a combination of many things that culminated into one big ball of stress. I'm pretty sure it was the latter. Anyhoo, it took a while, a lot of talking it over, praying, journaling, a few freak outs here and there, and I finally got a hold of my emotions. I'm learning what I have to do to deal with the stress that comes my way, and learning not to take it out on others.

A gigantic de-stresser for me is listening to music. And almost every time I turn on my iPod when I'm feeling a little down, the perfect song comes on with the lyrics I need to hear. A little sign from God letting me know everything is going to be just fine and work out, since at that moment it can sometimes seem as if the world is ending. I'm also hoping to make it to a meditation class one of these weekends. My co-worker told me about it. I could really use it (and it's free!). And I've decided that when I have a steady income once again, I'm signing up for yoga. One night a week devoted to me, since I unfortunately won't have the luxury of an entire reflection day on a regular basis anymore, and ballet classes are too expensive!

I'm beginning to see the next few months through the lens of positivity and possibility.



It's empty in the valley of your heart
The sun, it rises slowly as you walk
Away from all the fears and all the faults
You've left behind

And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again

'Cause I need freedom now
And I need to know how
To live my life as it's meant to be

~The Cave
         Mumford & Sons


No comments:

Post a Comment