Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's the Little Things

It's the little things that some people do that end up being rather meaningful and leave speechless those of us that are on the receiving end. This kind of occurrence happens weekly around here, and at times daily.

One of the most jaw-dropping of these hit me tonight as I was packing for my mini-vaca. I opened my bedroom door and found a wonderful surprise that will make my trip a little less stressful. I was literally left with my jaw hitting the ground. If the sister behind it is reading this, you made my day, and answered my prayers.

It's one of those things that I am still in awe of. That people can be so generous and just plain nice because they want to be. It's always a reminder for me that I should strive to be that way too. Smile at someone, write a note, give a gift, just because you want to. There doesn't need to be a birthday, or a holiday, or a special occasion. Today is special, and so are the people around you.

"One gives freely, yet grows all the richer"
Proverbs 11:24



(Yes, I know this is a day late, and more than a week since my last post. Sorry for slackin'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment