Monday, May 21, 2012

Slow.Down.

I was reminded this weekend that I need to slow down and not rush into things so quickly. Now I have already done so quite a bit since my time here, but maybe I am the only one who realizes it. It might not be so noticeable if you are looking from the outside in. But, as with most things, I could do better. Since this weekend was so beautiful, I took some time to slow down and reflect.

Saturday morning Carrie, myself, and an oblate only 2 years older than us went kayaking off the peninsula. It.was.AWESOME! I had never been before. I tend not to be such an outdoors-y person, but I loved it. We met a sister and her friend there for breakfast, and then spent a little less than 2 hours out on the water, just exploring. It was very relaxing, and I got a great upper body workout, too. It was nice because I could really take in everything around me. You wouldn't ever see what we did unless you were out on a boat or something. It was beautiful and very reflective.

Yesterday was even more beautiful. After lunch Carrie and I went to a beach just a few minutes down the road and laid out for a few hours; listening to music, journaling, taking in the sun, even sticking my feet in a pretty cold Lake Erie! I'm pretty burnt, though. Paid for that a little with some chills last night. It was that deep reflection I got caught in!




No comments:

Post a Comment