Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Blessing of Family

Tonight wraps up a weekend full of visits with out-of-town and local family, some that I only get to see once a year, or once every 3 years or so. Yesterday was our annual Boyd Family Picnic, a family reunion on my Mother's side of the family that is always held the first Saturday of August. There is always a lot to catch up on with everyone, and this year was no exception. And today, my Grandmother's cousin and her husband celebrated 50 years of marriage with a wonderful party at Salvatore's Italian Gardens, an upscale restaurant in the Buffalo, NY area.

After a year of hard loss with the death of my great-grandfather in February, a rock in our family, I really began to realize the important role several members of my family have played, and continue to play in my life. Not to say that I haven't known that all along, but there are moments and events that bring that realization to the front of the line. As I am gearing up for the Benedicta Riepp program and getting ready to begin the next stage in my life, I felt blessed to be surrounded by family that has been able to stand the test of time, and have faith through all of life's challenges.

After countless questions about what my next step in life will be after graduation, and explaining what this next year will involve, I feel ready to take on life knowing I have the support of all of my family members, immediate and extended, near and far away, those I have known my entire life and some that have recently joined our family. As the challenges surface throughout this next year, I'll carry in my heart the love, well wishes, and the advice of all of my family members.

In other news, 13 days until Erie! As of right now, I am excited and ready to begin. A change of scenery is needed. Have I packed? Of course not. As the saying goes: "Procrastinators of the world, UNITE!...Tomorrow."




No comments:

Post a Comment