Friday, April 20, 2012

Work Is.....Fun?!?!

So we are already three weeks into the Head Start season here at the day care, and our classroom already feels like a nice little family! It's kind of cool how that happens, and it's especially easy when you just mesh with the other adults you work with so seamlessly.

There are three adults in my room; myself and two others, and six children. I worked with the same people back in the fall when I first started out working here and it didn't take long for us to become comfortable with one another. So when I heard I was going to be with them again, I was really excited. We are all between the ages of 23-30, so it's nice to have a younger dynamic in the room and I must say that when we put our heads together we come up with some pretty creative projects for the kids. I think it also makes it easier on the children when the teachers are so at ease.

I really enjoy working in my room. I look forward to going to work every day because I know I will have fun with the kids and with my co-workers. I've never had that all-around feeling before within a workplace. Everyone makes me feel welcome, and they have from the beginning. I have never been treated as just a "volunteer". I am an equal, and it's nice to know that. I enjoy my work, and even though I don't make any money for what I am doing, it doesn't matter. Not having a paycheck hanging over my head has allowed me to really focus on my work and the reason I am doing what I am this year. I'm more passionate about my job, and I think it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment