Thursday, June 14, 2012

Community Retreat

Monday night began a 5-day community retreat here at the Mount. Silent, I might add. The presenter is a Benedictine sister from a community in Ferdinand, Indiana. Check it out! I had the privilege of meeting her back in October when she came for a week of meetings that were held here. She's awesome, by the way.

The retreat is entitled: "To Be a Benedictine...To Be Faithful...To Be a Blessing" A Spirituality of Cenobitic Living. A mouthful, yes. What I love about it? The topics are not over my head. You don't need to be a professed Benedictine Sister to relate to what is being discussed in the talks. It can be applied to pretty much anyone, anywhere. For me, it has been a wonderful way to wrap up my year spent in the Benedicta Riepp Program. With just 6 weeks left, the topics of talks have allowed me to reflect on how I've lived out that particular Benedictine value while I've been here, and think about how I will continue to reflect that when I leave.

And you read right: 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment