Thursday, June 21, 2012

Countdown

It's no secret that my time here at the Mount is nearing an end, at least when it comes to my residency, and the news is spreading like wildfire. At least we won't be moving far. Carrie and I found an apartment just about 5 miles from the monastery, so we'll still be neighbors!

But the countdown begins. Just 5 weeks from tonight, we will have our end-of-the-program-dinner-send off-blessing-whatever you'd like to call it, so brace yourselves, sisters, and world for that matter, too!

And how do I feel about all this? Sad, but excited at the same time. Sad because I cannot believe that this year has almost ended, that it's gone so fast. Sometimes I wish I could hold onto this forever. But I'm also excited because I will be starting something new, and making a life for myself in a new state, away from home, taking on all the responsibilities again of being an adult. It's a worried excitement, though, but I know I will be OK. I always am.

So here goes the last month of the program. May it be filled with many laughs, hugs, smiles, blessings, and wonderful memories. And may it go by slowwwwwwly...wishful thinking!!






And, uhhh, some shameless plugging for Relay for Life. Less than a month left to reach my goal! I relay for all those touched by cancer, for my family members, friends, and sisters who have battled or are still fighting. No amount is too small. Click the link below to donate online, or send me a message if you'd like information on how to send a check. Thank you for your support!

Relay for Life

No comments:

Post a Comment