Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Month Left

As I look at my calendar, It's apparent that four weeks from tonight is our farewell dinner/blessing, which seems absolutely unbelievable to me because I was just told we had 7 weeks left...huh. Anyhoo, things are beginning to fall into place in regards to my life post-Benedicta Riepp.

Last night, Carrie and I signed our lease to our apartment here in Wesleyville, which makes all of that official. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty exciting. Each of us has been offered a position in the city, so a regular income will once again be seen. We're beginning to collect some furniture for our living room, but if anyone out there has a couch and/or love seat that just happen to be laying around let me know! All seems to be pretty well concerning the next phase of my life.

However, once again I face the challenge of living in the moment while planning for the future. It's more important now than it's ever been. Not an easy thing to do. But if I don't, then I'll be kicking myself when this is done, and there's no re-do. And July is jam-packed, too! Something going on almost every weekend. I know it will fly by, and before I know it I will be on my way back to New York. I was asked yesterday in a meeting how I feel. Well, I'm really sad. That's how I feel. I know I will only be moving a short distance away, and I will be over at least every Sunday. But I also know life will soon begin, and I'll have to work extra hard to make sure I make time for people. Living ten minutes away is just not the same as living right downstairs.

I'll try not to make my next month's worth of posts so drab and sappy. If it keeps heading that way, let me know! I'll do my best :)


Also, Happy Birthday to my mom, Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment