Monday, June 25, 2012

Connections Part II

This past weekend we had the privilege of being invited to for dinner at one of the in town houses. We've had a few of these outings, and also drove a couple of hours away for a visit a few weeks ago. Each time we visit a group of sisters, it's always interesting and very enjoyable, especially since they don't live at the Mount and we only get to interact with them on special occasions.

Our visit last night was a lot of fun. Good food, good wine, and great conversation. Since we have just under 5 weeks left, a lot of the questions that come my way consist of asking how I feel about the short time I have left in the program, and how I feel about this year as a whole. What have I gotten out of it? How do I think I've impacted this community? Did it end up being a good idea? I can only answer so much right now, since it will take a few months to de-program and really look at my year. But I think it helps each side understand what this program can do for both the community and those that are participants. It's really a win-win situation.

I love when I can really connect with people. The sisters we visited pretty much ran the full gamut of our story from college to the present, and we learned a lot about them as well. A lot can fit in to 4 hours! I run into each of them often and exchange conversation here and there, but this is the first time we all were able to sit down and learn about each other. Too bad it took 10 months to do so! I always wish it could have been sooner. The best thing: we are only moving around the corner, so I hope that doesn't disqualify us from being able to do stuff like this every now and then, and maybe we can have you all over and cook for you to repay the favor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment