Friday, September 23, 2011

Gotta Love 'Em

Toddlers make the world go 'round.

I know this because I am now working solely at St. Benedict Child Development Center, a day-care and head-start program run by the Benedictines. I am in the toddler room, which means I am the human jungle gym-nose wiper-cuddler extraordinaire! Or something like that. Bottom line: they are the most adorable kids, and coming from a family where there aren't too many small ones, it's great to be outnumbered by them. And I get to put my 6 years of Spanish to good use finally! Now keep in mind I've only spent two full days there. This view may change in the coming weeks. But really, they are some pretty great kids. And when your day consists of playing dolls and blocks, going for walks, and running around on the playground, I'd say it's a pretty sweet gig. Throw in about 2 1/2 hours of napping quiet each day, and you're golden! I am absolutely whipped when I get home, but I have to say I am always looking forward to getting my hugs and slobbery kisses every morning.

Lesson learned this week: Don't make it to morning prayer for 31 days straight and then sleep through it one morning. You will single-handedly cause community-wide panic. Sorry ladies! But I do appreciate the concern  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment