Monday, September 12, 2011

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Have you ever had one of those moments where you're laughing so hard, you're crying? When your gut hurts so bad that it feels as though you just did about 500 crunches? Sometimes those are just the best.

This weekend I had my fair share of moments like this. Let's see, where to begin...
I guess with Friday night. Carrie and I have been occasionally playing a game of Hand and Foot with a couple of the Sisters, and this weekend was no exception. This time, I thought I'd share a little term with the Sister I was paired up with. Some of you might know it. "Beast." Ok, when someone is really good at something, like cards, for example, they are "beast." It basically just means you're awesome at something. I know, I know, it's not exactly a regular term I use, it was just a silly kind of night and the moment was right to use it. We were connecting rather well throughout most of the game, so we were most definitely "beast" that night. Just ask her, she'll tell you! Quite a few laughs followed while I was attempting to explain when was the appropriate time to use this term. It was great.

Saturday night, Carrie and I found the dollar theater and the movie "Bridesmaids." Talk about busting a gut. If you enjoy the kind of humor that is in this movie, then you will not stop laughing for two hours, and then proceed to quote the movie the entire ride home, continuing for the next few days, and laugh until you're crying each and every time. I definitely recommend it for anyone who is a fan of Kristen Wiig or Maya Rudolph from SNL. They are on top of their game in this movie. I know I am a few months late in promoting this, but the theater doesn't carry the movies until a few months after their release. Nevertheless, it was a great night out, even if we had to sit right up front and crane our necks for two hours.

And finally, Sunday night might have had the most entertaining moments of the whole weekend. The day naturally carried a heavy feeling, at least for me, but I am sure I was not alone. Laughter was a much needed remedy that day. After attending a wonderful 9/11 prayer service in the city, Carrie and I went out to eat with two Sisters. Best.Car.Ride.Of.My.Life. You want to see antics? You should have been in that car. Between the two of us in the back, and the two of them up front, we are a dangerously sarcastic foursome. "Orange" lights, developing slightly odd ways of protecting your passenger when you have to suddenly hit your break, getting all excited about a coupon and finding out it expired, but you're going to attempt to use it anyway (bustedddd). Of course, if you weren't in the car that night, you have absolutely no clue what I am referring to. In that case, is any of this even funny to you? Eh..?

I guess to sum things up, I really needed a good laugh this weekend, and I had several. All were most definitely gut-busting and tear-jerking, and I guess our many antics (word of the day) are to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment