Monday, September 19, 2011

Welcome to the Club!

We're official! Saturday night, Carrie and I made our commitment and formally entered the Benedicta Riepp Program for a period of 11 months. A very simple ceremony took place right after Evening Prayer and before dinner. I wish I could relay every detail to you all, but that's just not possible. Partly because you just had to be there to feel what it was like. But the overwhelming love and support of the entire community made the night very special. A short write up of the night can be seen here.

My family also came for the weekend. It was the first I had seen them in a month. They were so grateful for the hospitality of the Sisters and they had a great time. My brother was impressed by how "beast" everyone really was. Great job, Sisters!

A very special thank you goes out to our director of the program, and my mentor, for helping to make this past month an enjoyable and educational one, and for supporting me as I take this step toward what will be a very memorable and life-changing year. Let the real adventure begin!!
Signing my Statement of Promise while Sister Anne, Prioress, looks on
My brother and I

At the top of the Bicentennial Tower
One lone rose found on the parking lot side of the Monastery

No comments:

Post a Comment