Friday, September 30, 2011

Making the Rounds

I've been here for 6 weeks now, and between this span of time and my previous visits, can you believe there are some Sisters I have yet to sit and have a conversation with? I apparently need to branch out more. So imagine my delight when I came to sit with a pretty regular meal-time companion of mine during dinner last night and also got the chance to sit with someone new.

Want to know the worst part though? I sit next to this Sister every morning and evening during prayer, and other than a "thank you-you're welcome" exchange every now and then when I offer to take a paper or book up for her after prayer, or the occasional "how was your day?" short conversation a couple times a week in passing, I have never talked to her. Shame on me, that's for sure. But I am glad I had the chance to spend some time with her last night, and hopefully many more instances will follow. It was nice to sit with her, and I think she has the most beautiful smile. And I appreciate her little "jabs" regarding my not liking bananas...

There are many more Sisters that I must get to know better, or really wish I could hang out with more. The one downside, a handful of them don't live at the Mount, or they get home super late, work on Saturdays, or are part of the 4th floor lunch crew that I have traded in for the 1st floor ever-so-wonderful company of 8 adorable toddlers who wear their food each day. (A shout out to my former lunch buddies-I miss you all!! Wish I could visit)

So if you are reading this and fall into one of these categories, If I don't get to you first, seek me out!! Sometimes I just need a little reminder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment